Lok Jagruti Kendra (LJK) is a public charitable Trust registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 vide registration number F/732/Ahmedabad Dated 29/4/1980 and Societies Registration Act , 1860 vide registration number GUJ/725/Ahmedabad dated 28/4/1980
LJK aims to develop its students into complete citizens who, not only have subject knowledge & skill but also have empathy towards various social, cultural, environmental and other such issues affecting our society.
LJ Group of Institutes runs a number of institutes offering diverse range of programmes like Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Professional courses. It functions from two campuses in Ahmedabad, with over 500 well-qualified and experienced faculties to train over 10000 students.
The Founder Members of the trust were-
- Padma Bhushan, Lord Meghnad Desai- London School of Economics, U.K.
- Prof. Gautam Appa- London School of Economics, U.K.
- Late Prof. M.S. Trivedi-Ex-Vice Chancellor, South Gujarat University, Surat
- Shri Girish C. Patel-LLB (Harvard)-Senior Counsel & eminent Jurist, Gujarat High Court
- Prin. B.M. Peerzada-Eminent Economist and Ex-Dean, Commerce Faculty, Gujarat University
- Shri Girish B. Patel-Chartered Accountant
- Shri Subodhbhai Shah-Businessman
Executive Committee has the following members:
- Prof. B.M. Peerzada – President
- Dr. Manish D. Shah – Vice President
- Shri Subodh J Shah – Secretary
- Shri Shameembhai A Peerzada- Joint Secretary